- A small phylum of aquatic invertebrates that comprises the comb jellies.More example sentences
- In this study, the spectral reflectances of 29 mesopelagic and 37 deep-sea benthic species from seven phyla (Chaetognatha, Chordata, Cnidaria, Crustacea, Ctenophora, Echinodermata, Mollusca) were measured.
- They are found in many animal taxa including Ctenophora, Echiura, Sipuncula, Annelida Mollusca among others.
- Despite these attempts, relationships among Bilateria, Cnidaria, Ctenophora, Placozoa, and Porifera remain obscure.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek kteis, kten- 'comb' + pherein 'to bear'.
More definitions of CtenophoraDefinition of Ctenophora in:
- The US English dictionary