- A new phylum that has been proposed for a minute marine invertebrate (Symbion pandora) that was discovered in 1995 attached to the mouthparts of lobsters. It is related to the phyla Bryozoa and Entoprocta.More example sentences
- In the original description we stated that the Cycliophora are related to Entoprocta / Ectoprocta.
- Also unresolved are the phylogenetic positions of Cycloneuralia, Chaetognatha, Gnathostomulida, Cycliophora, and Micrognathozoa.
- The marine Cycliophora is the most recently described phylum in the animal kingdom.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek kuklios 'circular' + pherein 'to bear'.
More definitions of CycliophoraDefinition of Cycliophora in:
- The US English dictionary