Definition of Czech in English:
1A native or inhabitant of the Czech Republic or (formerly) Czechoslovakia, or a person of Czech descent.
- The Czechs, Hungarians and the citizens from other East European states have a similar history.
- Other numerically significant ethnic groups of Austria include Slovenes, Croats, and Czechs.
- The Dutch will go through with victory against Latvia only if the Germans do not beat the Czechs.
2 [mass noun] The Western Slavic language spoken in the Czech Republic, closely related to Slovak. It has over 10 million speakers.
- The whole family speak three languages - Czech, German and English.
- Reprinted five times in the 1920s, the book was translated into French, Czech, and other languages.
- The station was heaving with hundreds of other festivalgoers, speaking every European language from English to Czech.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Czechs or their language.
- Yesterday we started to learn the Czech language.
- My fluency in the Czech language is progressing slowly.
- The English language edition of the Czech catalog is currently available.
Polish spelling of Czech Čech.
Words that rhyme with Czechbeck, bedeck, check, cheque, Chiang Kai-shek, crosscheck, deck, dreck, exec, fleck, heck, hitech, keck, lek, neck, peck, Québec, rec, reck, sec, sneck, spec, speck, spot-check, tec, tech, Toulouse-Lautrec, trek, wreck
Definition of Czech in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.