- A virus in which the genetic information is stored in the form of DNA (as opposed to RNA).More example sentences
- Herpes simplex, a DNA virus, is carried by a majority of the human population.
- The human papilloma virus is a DNA virus, which on infecting the cell incorporates its DNA into the host's nuclear material and allows production of viral DNA.
- A DNA virus with a short genome of only 3200 bases causes hepatitis B infection.
More definitions of DNA virusDefinition of DNA virus in:
- The US English dictionary