noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- An enzyme which catalyses the hydrolysis of DNA into oligonucleotides and smaller molecules. Also called deoxyribonuclease.More example sentences
- We believe that it is because of specific digestion of the NA molecules by DNase and RNase.
- The combination of streptokinase and streptococcal DNase produces marked reductions in viscosity, and these can only be attributed to the presence of the streptodornase.
- Both unswollen and swollen nuclei could be further enlarged with the addition of DNase and RNase.
More definitions of DNaseDefinition of DNase in:
- The US English dictionary