- A DVD which can be recorded on once only.More example sentences
- Simply copying a DVD's visible files to a hard drive, DVD-R, or other recordable medium won't transfer the keys needed to decrypt the content.
- It recommends users work with the DVD-RAM disc format until they have a video or some data that they want to share with someone else and then burn it from the DVD-RAM to the DVD-R, much like you would copy a CD on a CD-RW drive.
- Writing 336MB of mixed files to a DVD-R took eight minutes 42 seconds, with a DVD-RW disc coming in at 14 minutes 18 seconds.
abbreviation of DVD recordable.
More definitions of DVD-RDefinition of DVD-R in:
- The US English dictionary