noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A synthetic polyester (polyethylene terephthalate) with tough, elastic properties, used as a textile fabric: a suit of dark blue Dacron [count noun]: square woven Dacrons are the best choice for sails [as modifier]: Dacron three-piece suiteMore example sentences
- The permanent implants are made of synthetic fibre Dacron.
- He bolted large shaped lengths of blue Dacron to opposite sides of a central aluminum bar so that the plane of the painting twisted.
- Carbon fibre covered with Dacron doesn't shrink and deform.
1950s: an invented name.
More definitions of DacronDefinition of Dacron in:
- The US English dictionary