(also Dall's sheep)
A wild North American sheep found in mountainous country from Alaska to British Columbia. Also called white sheep.
- Ovis dalli, family Bovidae
More example sentences
- Here, just 250 miles south of the Arctic Circle, grizzly bears meander along the roads, caribou feed with calves in tow, and mountain goats and Dall sheep cling to high outcroppings.
- Polar and grizzly bear, caribou, musk ox, Dall sheep, wolf, arctic fox, and more than 100 species of migratory birds use the land.
- Then there's the scenery - the mountains, the Dall sheep on the hillsides, the pods of Beluga whales passing by - where else can you find that?
early 20th century: named after William H. Dall (1845–1927), American naturalist.
Definition of Dall sheep in:
- The US English dictionary