- The Danish national flag.More example sentences
- During a later period of Danish history, the red and white national flag, the Dannebrog, was said to have descended from heaven on June 15, 1219, turning the tide in the Danes' battle against Estonia at Lindanaes.
- Legend has it that the banner, called Dannebrog, descended from the heavens in the midst of a battle between the Danes and the Estonians on June 15, 1219.
- Internationally, he was recognised in Denmark by the Commander's Cross of the Order of Dannebrog, in Israel by the Wolf Prize, and in France by being made a Commandeur of the Legion d' Honneur.
Danish, literally 'Danish cloth'.
More definitions of DannebrogDefinition of Dannebrog in:
- The US English dictionary