Definition of Darwinian in English:
Relating to Darwinism: Darwinian evolution
More example sentences
- Debates over whether public schools should teach creationism or Darwinian evolution are also fundamentally moral.
- One consequence of Darwinian evolution by natural selection is that as the world changes, what lives and what dies can change as well.
- The key to the mechanism of Darwinian evolution is natural selection.
nounBack to top
An adherent of Darwinism.
- But they express scorn for the extreme Darwinians, those who treat Darwinism as a religion, or try to interpret human social life by genes or natural selection.
- If we want to have a scientific description of how we evolved we will have to transcend the doctrinal debate between the Creationists and the Darwinians and start from scratch.
- To suckle the young of another species is hardly what Darwinians call an adaptive trait (because it does not contribute to the surrogate's own survival).
Definition of Darwinian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan