- A small brown myotis bat that typically flies low over water, found throughout Eurasia.
More example sentences
- Myotis daubentonii, family Vespertilionidae
- We studied Daubenton's bat Myotis daubentonii, which in the laboratory calls between 90 and 30 kHz, sometimes with a pulse repetition rate similar to that of male G. mellonella.
- The building and culverts are also thought to be the home for a number of bats, including the uncommon Daubenton's bat.
- McRae, who was bitten while handling a rare Daubenton's bat, remained in a ‘critical condition’ yesterday in Dundee's Ninewells Hospital.
late 19th century: named after Louis-Jean-Marie Daubenton (1716–1800), French naturalist and physician.