- 1An order of crustaceans which includes shrimps, crabs, and lobsters. They have five pairs of walking legs and are typically marine.More example sentences
- Potentially recent major gene order rearrangements have been documented within the crustacean order Decapoda, the gastropod superfamily Helicoidea, the parasitic flatworm genus Schistosoma, and the tick family Ixodidae.
- Other aspects of the morphology of Palaeopemphix that separate it from the Decapoda include the bivalved nature of the carapace and the strong development of the lateromarginal carina, or doublure.
- The Penaeidae fall within the order Decapoda (class Malacostraca), which contains most commercially important crustacean species.
- 2A former order of cephalopod molluscs which includes squids and cuttlefishes, which have eight arms and two long tentacles. Compare with Octopoda.
modern Latin (plural), from deca- 'ten' + Greek pous, pod- 'foot'.
More definitions of DecapodaDefinition of Decapoda in:
- The US English dictionary