(also Deutsche Mark /ˈdɔɪtʃə mɑːk, ˌdɔytʃə ˈmark/)
- (Until the introduction of the euro in 2002) the basic monetary unit of Germany, equal to 100 pfennig.More example sentences
- Germany's euro conversion rate may be one of the easiest - almost exactly two Deutschmarks to one euro.
- The accepted British line now contends that the French have harnessed the Germans by persuading them to give up the Deutschmark for the euro.
- Funds flowed back into the Deutschmark from the dollar, and funds leaving the French franc were also converted into Deutschmarks.
from German deutsche Mark 'German mark'.
More definitions of DeutschmarkDefinition of Deutschmark in:
- The US English dictionary