- 1.1 (devi) Indian (In general use) a goddess.More example sentences
- The gurudwaras, or Sikh temples, have always been decorated with pictures of Hindu devas and devis.
- The essence of a woman in all its intensity, variety and even banality is sought to be captured through the portrayal of devis and yoginis in the 70-odd paintings.
- It resembled a cave and there was a six-foot idol of Lord Ganesh with nine devis.
- 1.2Indian Used after the first name of a Hindu woman as a form of respect: Deval DeviMore example sentences
- Renu Devi has been his life-partner of 54 years.
- Ragini Devi, in the attempt to make what she had learned in India communicate to the western audience at home, even set Bharatanatyam movements to western music.
- Ragini Devi, an American woman from Minneapolis, was convinced she had been a Hindu in a previous life and was reincarnated to devote her life to Indian dance.
More definitions of DeviDefinition of Devi in:
- The US English dictionary