- A Latin hymn sung in a Mass for the dead.More example sentences
- Suddenly, it sounded as if we were in the middle of a Dies Irae, and the irony of the soloist was turned on its head.
- The opening somber tones of the Introduction had the frightening intensity of a Dies Irae.
- A memorial to the victims at Auschwitz, Dies Irae allows the singers and players to improvise according to their talents and abilities.
Latin, 'day of wrath' (the opening words of the hymn).
More definitions of Dies IraeDefinition of Dies Irae in:
- The US English dictionary