(also Dobermann pinscher /ˈpɪnʃə/
, chiefly North American also Doberman)
- A large dog of a German breed with powerful jaws and a smooth coat, typically black with tan markings.More example sentences
- She walked past cages holding dignified German shepherds, alert Dobermans, sleek Labradors and beautiful Golden Retrievers.
- The dog was one of strange markings, he had brown and black markings like a Doberman, but a white stomach and his muzzle and his neck had a golden color.
- Canine guards like Dobermans and German Shepherds too may have to give up their role as protectors and just remain our pets.
early 20th century: from the name of Ludwig Dobermann, 19th-century German dog breeder + German Pinscher 'terrier'.
More definitions of DobermannDefinition of Dobermann in:
- The US English dictionary