- A quilt made by sewing together a piece of fabric, an inner wad, and a lining, the stitches making decorative patterns.More example sentences
- The quilts made in this region are known as North Country quilts or (less precisely) as Durham quilts.
- A surface pattern is often created through quilting as in Durham quilts and Greek and Italian quilts.
- Strippy quilts typify the regional traditions of the 19th Century North of England, or Durham quilts.
More definitions of Durham quiltDefinition of Durham quilt in:
- The US English dictionary