- A method of selling in which the price is reduced until a buyer is found: we aren’t interested in quoting prices over the phone, because that only leads to a Dutch auctionMore example sentences
- In a hermetic environment, a Dutch auction should price IPO shares about 3% below what the highest bidder is willing to pay.
- The flotation - which set its price via a complex Dutch auction - ended up selling shares for $85.
- Plenty of investors logged on for all three online Dutch auctions, pricing was good for the issuers, and investors got their full allocations.
More definitions of Dutch auctionDefinition of Dutch auction in:
- The US English dictionary