- A painting of the interior of a Dutch house in a style characteristic of the work of 17th-century genre painters.More example sentences
- Though many people are familiar with the notion that he used a camera obscura to capture ‘photographic’ effects in his Dutch interiors and cityscapes, few know exactly what the implement is.
- Both might be found in Dutch interiors, hung amongst the archetypal 17th-century ebonized frames.
- Attached to the outside of the gallery is a curtain-rod which looks pointless because Metsu painted out a curtain drawn back to reveal a picture, surprising in a Dutch interior, of revelling nudes.
More definitions of Dutch interiorDefinition of Dutch interior in:
- The US English dictionary