1The standard time in a zone including the eastern states of the US and parts of Canada, specifically:
- ● (Eastern Standard Time, abbreviation: EST) Standard time based on the mean solar time at the meridian 75° W, five hours behind GMT. ● (Eastern Daylight Time, abbreviation: EDT) Eastern time during daylight saving time, four hours behind GMT.
More example sentences
- Also trivially, time depends on the coordinate system when a change is made from Eastern Standard Time to Pacific Standard Time.
- After 2 a.m. Sunday, 77 counties will be on Eastern Standard Time, 5 counties will be on Eastern Daylight Time and 10 counties will be on Central Daylight Time.
- The match will now be decided by the final game to be played on Friday, starting at 3.30 pm Eastern Standard Time.
Definition of Eastern time in:
- The US English dictionary