- An infectious and generally fatal disease marked by fever and severe internal bleeding, spread through contact with infected body fluids by a filovirus ( Ebola virus), whose normal host species is unknown.More example sentences
- A severe haemorrhagic fever akin to Ebola, the Marburg virus spreads on contact with body fluids such as blood, urine, excrement, vomit and saliva.
- And the most devastating infection in the world is not Ebola or Lyme disease, West Nile virus or even HIV, but tuberculosis.
- Then came Herpes simplex, Hepatitis B and C, HIV, Ebola, West Nile virus, and others.
1976: named after a river in the Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire), near which the disease was first observed.
More definitions of Ebola feverDefinition of Ebola fever in:
- The US English dictionary