noun[treated as singular]
- American black English regarded as a language in its own right rather than as a dialect of standard English.More example sentences
- While educators seek to teach Black children to learn and to speak mainstream English, do you believe Black English, or Ebonics, is unfairly stigmatized by American society at large?
- Whether one is speaking Ebonics or Appalachian English, sociolinguists say all dialects are created equal.
- First, a caveat - Ebonics, or ‘Black English’ is not the same thing as Hip Hop Slang.
More definitions of EbonicsDefinition of Ebonics in:
- The US English dictionary