- A painting of Christ wearing the crown of thorns: a fine Ecce Homo by MurilloMore example sentences
- The fourth painting, an Ecce Homo - probably the one that was commissioned by the Cardinal de Lorraine between 1558 and 1561, cannot now be traced.
- This was followed by an Ecce Homo for a chapel where he collaborated with the sculptor Giovanni d' Enrico, whose terracotta figures are fully integrated with the illusionistic space created by the frescoes.
- Here is an ‘Ecce Homo’, by Caravaggio from about 1606.
Latin, 'behold the man', the words of Pontius Pilate to the Jews after Jesus was crowned with thorns (John 19:5).
More definitions of Ecce HomoDefinition of Ecce Homo in:
- The US English dictionary