- A phylum of marine invertebrates which includes starfishes, sea urchins, brittlestars, crinoids, and sea cucumbers. They have fivefold radial symmetry, a calcareous skeleton, and tube feet operated by fluid pressure.More example sentences
- The superphylum Deuterostomia contains the diverse phyla Chordata and Echinodermata and the minor phyla Hemichordata and Urochordata.
- Sea cucumbers, invertebrate animals of the phylum Echinodermata, might hold out some hope for the afflicted.
- Crinoids are a class of the phylum Echinodermata, which includes living starfishes, sand dollars and sea urchins, as well as approximately six hundred living species of crinoids.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek ekhinos 'hedgehog, sea urchin' + derma 'skin'.
More definitions of EchinodermataDefinition of Echinodermata in:
- The US English dictionary