- A class of echinoderms that comprises the sea urchins.More example sentences
- Ophiuroidea is grouped with Echinoidea and Holothuroidea based on the closed ambicular grooves.
- Clark endorsed splitting L. sexiesperforata from Mellita but Mortensen used the name Leodia as a subgenus of Mellita in his extremely influential Monograph of the Echinoidea.
- BNip3-related sequences were found in all major lineages of Bilateria, from Echinoidea and Ascidiacea to mammals.
modern Latin (plural), from echinus.
More definitions of EchinoideaDefinition of Echinoidea in:
- The US English dictionary