Definition of Ectoprocta in English:
Another term for Bryozoa.
- In our original description the Cycliophora was related to the Entoprocta and Ectoprocta on the basis of ultrastructual research.
- In the original description we stated that the Cycliophora are related to Entoprocta / Ectoprocta.
- The internal anatomy is relatively simple, with a U-shaped gut and the anus located outside the ciliated feeding apparatus, a similar arrangement to that found in Ectoprocta and some sessile rotifers.
modern Latin (plural), from ektos 'outside or external' + prōktos 'anus'.
- 1 noun
- Example sentences
- A number of groups, such as phoronids, ectoprocts and entoprocts, bear horseshoe-shaped tentacle rings and ‘U’ shaped digestive tracts.
- The body, similar to the zooid of ectoprocts and entoprocts, comprises a cupulate section with a robust attachment.
- The group Lophophorata contains three animal phyla - brachiopods, phoronids, and ectoprocts - all of which bear a ciliated, tentacular feeding apparatus called a lophophore.
Definition of Ectoprocta in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan