(also Garden of Eden)
Definition of Eden in English:
1.1 (as noun an Eden) A place or state of great happiness; an unspoilt paradise: the lost Eden of his childhood
More example sentences
- As Keynes acknowledged, nineteenth-century Europe was far from being an Eden for most of its inhabitants.
- And for some reason, we have these little Edens, these pieces of paradise in the ugliness.
- India has served as one of the foreign Edens to which those Americans turn, in order to show their disdain for the United States.
- Example sentences
- In the men's minds, Brokeback Mountain becomes an Edenic dream of unlived lives and unfulfilled possibilities.
- Even if most of us never adopt the lifestyle of a true naturist, thinking like one can lead you to some of the few Edenic places left.
- The irony is that in many ways the deleterious aspects of early Louisiana society have found greater permanence in the present than the Edenic world described by Miller.
Words that rhyme with Edencedarn, cotyledon, dicotyledon, monocotyledon, Sweden
Definition of Eden in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.