noun (plural Eisweine /-nə/ or Eisweins)[mass noun]
- Wine made from ripe grapes picked while covered with frost.More example sentences
- Even in relatively gentle winters there are usually a few very cold nights to make possible the gathering of frozen Riesling grapes for Eiswein.
- Given the labour that is involved in making Eiswein, this is a real find at £8.49.
- In the Blue Nun range itself, the Riesling Eiswein is considered the ultimate in quality and refinement.
from German, from Eis 'ice' + Wein 'wine'.
More definitions of EisweinDefinition of Eiswein in:
- The US English dictionary