- 1.1 [as noun] (also eldorado) (plural El Dorados or eldorados) A place of great abundance.More example sentences
- Despite all this, the Kingdom is an eldorado for job and donation seekers.
- While mining has excavated an El Dorado for both the company and the Indonesian Government, it has been an ecological, social and economic purgatory for the Papuans.
- And now, two decades later, Todd and I have rediscovered this El Dorado of rock in the hidden corazón of Mexico, and we've climbed its apocryphal face.
Spanish, literally 'the gilded one'.
More definitions of El DoradoDefinition of El Dorado in:
- The US English dictionary