- A long-winged falcon that breeds on rocky islands and cliffs in the Mediterranean area, either resembling a dark hobby or with all-black plumage.
More example sentences
- Falco eleonorae, family Falconidae
- However, they do represent similar sizes of typical prey that should have similar performance measures, and they or close relatives have all been found among prey in breeding cliffs of Eleonora's falcon.
- We studied the use of soaring flight in Eleonora's falcon in relation to those situations by quantifying flight behavior in the falcons using an optical range finder.
- The Hellenic Ornithological Society (HOS, BirdLife in Greece) is assessing the population status of the Eleonora's Falcon (Falco eleonorae) in Greece and the other Mediterranean breeding range states.
mid 19th century: named after Eleonora of Arborea (circa1350–1404), a princess of Sardinia.