- (In the Jewish calendar) the twelfth month of the civil and sixth of the religious year, usually coinciding with parts of August and September.More example sentences
- Amazingly, the attack on ‘three great walls ‘occurred on the 23rd day of the sixth Jewish month, Elul.
- There is a special custom during this Jewish month of Elul to blow the Shofar every morning in the synagogue.
- This unprecedented Olympian comeback just happened to occur on the first day of the lunar month of Elul, the very beginning of the sacred period for introspection and repentance in preparation for Rosh Hashana.
from Hebrew ’ĕlūl.
More definitions of ElulDefinition of Elul in:
- The US English dictionary