- Relating to or characteristic of heaven or paradise: Elysian visionsMore example sentences
- That past is forever bathed in golden sunlight, an Elysian paradise where the grass is always greener.
- They were built for those merchants and industrialists of Glasgow who wished to move out of the increasingly dirty and insanitary city to live in more Elysian surroundings, either in southern suburbs or down the Clyde estuary.
- Tribunals have recognised that in small companies, to provide an appeal at all where there is only one level of management, may prove an Elysian standard.
the Elysian Fields
- another name for Elysium.