- Relating to the family of languages comprising Inuit, Yupik, and Aleut.More example sentences
- The Eskimo-Aleut family consists of nine languages, spoken by about 85000 people.
- The Eskimo-Aleut languages are unrelated to any American Indian language groups.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- The Eskimo-Aleut family of languages: [as modifier]: the Eskimo-Aleut languagesMore example sentences
- The ‘keepers of the language ‘should be the language family - Algonquian, Athapaskan, Eskimo-Aleut, Haida, Iroquoian, Siouan, Tlingit, Wakashan.’
More definitions of Eskimo-AleutDefinition of Eskimo-Aleut in:
- The US English dictionary