- Used as a euphemism for the word ‘fuck’ because of the latter’s taboo status: these days, F-words no longer horrify so many peopleMore example sentences
- I would like to see notices, or even laws, prohibiting the use of the F-word and other obscenities in all public places.
- Teenage speech in Greenock includes the F-word as verb, adjective, adverb, or expletive in almost every sentence.
- Indeed, since today's universal F-words have largely surrendered their old power to shock or even, perhaps, to intensify, it would be good to see some of the old expletives creeping back into the language.
More definitions of F-wordDefinition of F-word in:
- The US English dictionary