- The modern Persian language, the official language of Iran, with over 20 million speakers: [as modifier]: a Farsi expressionMore example sentences
- Iran's official language is Farsi, which is also known as Persian.
- Islam and the Arabic language have bequeathed the Arabic alphabet for languages like Farsi, Urdu, Old Hausa and others.
- Among the immigrant population, English, Hindi, Urdu, Farsi, and Filipino are spoken.
from Arabic fārsī, from Fārs, from Persian Pārs 'Persia'. Compare with Parsee.
More definitions of FarsiDefinition of Farsi in:
- The US English dictionary