- A day of the year on which fathers are particularly honoured by their children. It was first observed in the state of Washington in 1910; in the US, South Africa, and Britain, it is usually the third Sunday in June, in Australia, the first Sunday in September.More example sentences
- In 1924 President Coolidge supported the idea of a national Father's Day.
- Before Papa died, on his last Father's Day in fact, I gave him a blank book and asked him to write down his stories for me.
- Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there, especially my Dad.
More definitions of Father's DayDefinition of Father's Day in:
- The US English dictionary