- A fairground ride consisting of a giant vertical revolving wheel with passenger cars suspended on its outer edge.More example sentences
- Entry to the centre is free and the entertainment includes pony rides, a Ferris wheel, carousels, a mini train, face painters and circus acts, among other fun things to do.
- It will be based on the north-side of the River Suir for the week and will feature Ireland's biggest roller coaster and a giant Ferris wheel that will provide some of the best views of the fleet of tall ships.
- The last ride of the evening was the giant Ferris wheel.
late 19th century: named after George Ferris (1859–96), the American engineer who invented it.
More definitions of Ferris wheelDefinition of Ferris wheel in:
- The US English dictionary