- another term for Bon.More example sentences
- I'm hearing through the grapevine that the Knights of Columbus in Salem Mass. are putting the kibosh on the ‘Festival of the Dead’ thing that was going to be held at their hall.
- I think that O-Bon - the ‘Festival of the Dead,’ upcoming in August - can be special this year.
- Among them are the celebration of the birth, enlightenment, and death of the Buddha; the monks' entry into and exit from the rainy season retreat; the Festival of the Dead; and offerings to the monks, called Kathin.
More definitions of Festival of the DeadDefinition of Festival of the Dead in:
- The US English dictionary