- A class of pteridophyte plants that comprises the ferns.More example sentences
- Among land plants, we found chromoviruses in mosses, ferns (Filicopsida), gymnosperms (Cycadales, Ginkgoales, and Coniferales), and flowering plants (angiosperms).
- Currently showing is the Class Filicopsida (scientific name), commonly known as Ferns.
- The Filicopsida are vascular plants which are diverse in form and grow in various habitats.
modern Latin (plural), from Latin filix, filic- 'fern' + opsis 'appearance'.
More definitions of FilicopsidaDefinition of Filicopsida in:
- The US English dictionary