noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A standard high-performance serial bus for connecting digital devices together or to a computer: [as modifier]: a FireWire portMore example sentences
- At the bottom of the case are the two USB ports, a FireWire connection and a mic and headphone jack.
- The image is captured, digitized, and transferred to a PC over a FireWire interface.
- When we plug in a FireWire drive or a USB storage device (such as a camcorder, an MP3 player or a digital camera), the device shows up on the desktop, in the appropriate applications and in the directory.
More definitions of FireWireDefinition of FireWire in:
- The US English dictionary