- The industrialized capitalist countries of western Europe, North America, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand. Compare with Second World and Third World.More example sentences
- In common usage, the Third World comprises all countries not included in the First World and the Second World.
- We are committed to developing first-class infrastructure for our First World nation.
- This is not the way to provide the First World health services that New Zealanders deserve.
More definitions of First WorldDefinition of First World in:
- The US English dictionary