- A German style of black-letter type.More example sentences
- He uses his virtuoso calligraphic skills to create works that call up everything from illuminated manuscripts to German Fraktur wedding certificates.
- He used his usual Caslon Antiqua, which must have seemed as odd to the German readers of the day as English printed in Fraktur type would seem to us.
- But when he read a German book printed in old but easily decipherable Fraktur type (as in Haeckel's 1868 edition), he wrote his annotations in the corresponding and now extinct Sutterlin script (which I cannot read at all).
late 19th century: German, from Latin fractura 'fracture' (because of its angularity).
More definitions of FrakturDefinition of Fraktur in:
- The US English dictionary