- A person who is fond of or greatly admires France or the French: I’m a committed Francophile [as modifier]: ordinary aspects of Provençal life which Francophile Brits find so fascinatingMore example sentences
- I remember working years ago with a challenging client who kept rejecting brochure designs for a Francophile real estate development because they ‘weren't French enough.’
- At their head was Winston Churchill, a lifelong Francophile with a deep admiration for French military prowess.
- For Francophiles looking for a big-picture look at French society, there are rich details to be had here about government, education, economics and the unique perspective of the French.
More definitions of FrancophileDefinition of Francophile in:
- The US English dictionary