Definition of Freemasonry in English:
1The system and institutions of the Freemasons.
- The rituals associated with freemasonry are available to any user of quality public libraries or the readers of the Old and New Testaments.
- He was also extremely suspicious of the influence of freemasonry in the police force.
- His interests in magic, freemasonry, the military, and mnemonics continued.
2 (freemasonry) Instinctive sympathy or fellow feeling between people with something in common: the unshakeable freemasonry of actors in a crisis
More example sentences
- But what can we learn from our fellow members of the international freemasonry of feeling rubbish?
- Entrance to Oxbridge is always on merit, not the result of the undeclared freemasonry that just happens to prefer confidence and good diction in an interview to a clutch of Highers or A-levels.
- He nonetheless manages to touch in a few reference points and landmark experiences: broken home, petty crime, trauma in Vietnam and prison, mental illness, and induction into the weird, anonymous freemasonry of map-trading.
Definition of Freemasonry in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.