Definition of Freemasonry in English:
1The system and institutions of the Freemasons.
- The rituals associated with freemasonry are available to any user of quality public libraries or the readers of the Old and New Testaments.
- He was also extremely suspicious of the influence of freemasonry in the police force.
- His interests in magic, freemasonry, the military, and mnemonics continued.
2 (freemasonry) Instinctive sympathy or fellow feeling between people with something in common: the unshakeable freemasonry of actors in a crisis
More example sentences
- But what can we learn from our fellow members of the international freemasonry of feeling rubbish?
- Entrance to Oxbridge is always on merit, not the result of the undeclared freemasonry that just happens to prefer confidence and good diction in an interview to a clutch of Highers or A-levels.
- He nonetheless manages to touch in a few reference points and landmark experiences: broken home, petty crime, trauma in Vietnam and prison, mental illness, and induction into the weird, anonymous freemasonry of map-trading.
Definition of Freemasonry in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan