- A kind of steatite used for marking cloth and removing grease and, in powder form, as a dry lubricant.More example sentences
- Gessa is made of water mixed with rabbit skin glue, calcium carbonate, gilder's whiting, French chalk and various fine white powders.
- A variety of substances can be used to make the board sufficiently slippery - French chalk, black lead, beer, paraffin and petrol are all used.
- Rare laces and old silks may take on a renewed appearance if allowed to stand in French chalk for several days.
More definitions of French chalkDefinition of French chalk in:
- The US English dictionary