- (In embroidery) a stitch in which the thread is wound around the needle, which is then passed back through the fabric at almost the same point to form a small dot.More example sentences
- To make each cat eye, use two strands of yellow floss to stitch a French knot.
- Another alternative to the French knot is the Colonial knot, which is often used in candlewicking.
- Make these petals all around the French knot and you will have created a ‘lazy daisy.’
More definitions of French knotDefinition of French knot in:
- The US English dictionary