- A woman’s hairstyle in which all the hair is gathered tightly and pulled back from the forehead into one large plait down the back of the head.More example sentences
- Celia was wearing turquoise corduroy bell-bottoms and a tank top, her hair in two French plaits.
- Melan was wearing denim trousers today and a tee-shirt and her hair was in two French plaits.
- I had wrestled my hair into a French plait which hung in a thick rope down to my waist, and my emerald eyes, as always, remained devoid of any make up.
More definitions of French plaitDefinition of French plait in:
- The US English dictionary