- It will be open for coffee, snacks and light lunches during the day and for light evening meals on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- Mr Smythe, who runs the stall with his wife, Sue, operates at the market on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
- On Friday night there was a funny moment when a girl who was new to that circle was asked where she worked.
adverbchiefly North American Back to top
- It's a pain because the only day I can get in is a Monday, and Mondays and Fridays they are closed.
- They arrived on a Saturday afternoon, with Ben, because Fridays they take him overnight.
Old English Frīgedæg 'day of Frigga', named after the Germanic goddess Frigga, wife of the supreme god Odin and goddess of married love; translation of late Latin Veneris dies 'day of Venus', Frigga being equated with the Roman goddess of love, Venus. Compare with Dutch vrijdag and German Freitag.
Definition of Friday in:
- The US English dictionary