- The third month of the French Republican calendar (1793–1805), originally running from 21 November to 20 December.More example sentences
- Out went the old months - January to December - and in came Vendémiaire, Brumaire, Frimaire, Nivôse, Pluviôse, Ventôse, Germinal, Floréal, Prairial, Messidor, Thermidor and Fructidor.
- The Law of 14 Frimaire was not applicable, he argued, to a department like his, still in rebellion.
- The provision of the law of 4 Frimaire year 2, which makes obligatory the usage of the decimal division of day and of its parts, is suspended indefinitely.
French, from frimas 'hoar frost'.
More definitions of FrimaireDefinition of Frimaire in:
- The US English dictionary