Definition of Frisbee in English:
1A concave plastic disc designed for skimming through the air as an outdoor game or amusement.
- As I pulled into the driveway, I noticed the numerous chew toys and frisbees scattered here and there.
- And it's been interesting having children throw frisbees at me, even though they seemed to be aiming for my head.
- People are going to be throwing frisbees no matter what.
1.1 [mass noun] The activity of skimming a Frisbee: kids were playing Frisbee
More example sentences
- ‘At Monash we played billiards and frisbee,’ reminisced Jon Faine.
- Moriah and I paired up for most of the activities, which included tennis and frisbee.
- I just don't want to be told to enjoy it by people with lobster-red peeling skin, who have just spent eight ‘glorious’ hours playing frisbee in the park while attempting to catch enough rays to get skin cancer.
1950s: said to be named after the Frisbie bakery (Bridgeport, Connecticut), whose pie tins could be used similarly.
Definition of Frisbee in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan